Converting Surface Model to Solid Model in Solid Edge
This video demonstrates converting surface model to solid model in Solid Edge.
- Open part module.
- Select & sketch a circle of diameter 100mm.
- In path finder click on + symbol to select a sketch.
- Right click on the sketch & uncheck on the enable regions.
- Now in graphics area, you can see steering wheel with three axes.
- Select top direction, in window select to copy the sketch. enter offset distance 100mm.
- Now create hexagon by selecting polygon by center command from sketch menu or from radial menu, which gets activate from your right click of the mouse, at the base circle.
- Delete outer circles, you will be having sketch to create surfaces.
- In surface command bar, click blue surf feature & select all the sketches to create surface.
- Now take section view, you can see it is converted into solid body too.
- So to continue solid features further, go into path finder, right click on the blue surf select activate body.
- Now you can see solid features enabled, you can continue the solid modelling on this part.